For your convenience, we have a created a secure section of our website to submit donations online. All online gifts will help improve lives in the critical areas of Education and Lifelong Learning, Physical and Mental Health and Wellness and Housing and Economic Self-Sufficiency.
Unless a specific designation is requested, gifts will be directed to the local United Way associated with the donor's zip code.
Granite United Way partners with local businesses, individuals, government and non-profits in a community-wide effort to address the needs of our community. By committing to a workplace campaign, you join more than 1000 local organizations that support our annual fund-raising effort. Last year, more than 25,000 donors invested in our community through their United Way workplace campaign.
A United Way workplace campaign provides a vehicle for giving to those looking to make a difference. Employees receive valuable information about the needs of the communities Granite United Way serves and can easily help address those needs with a generous gift utilizing the convenience of payroll deduction.
Organizations of any size can participate. Your group is also given the opportunity to be recognized among other leading community organizations in the area.
For more information on conducting a Workplace Campaign in the Southern Region, please contact Maria Gudinas, Vice President of Resource Development at 603.625.6939, ext. 121. In the Merrimack County or North Country Regions, please contact Scoop Welch, Director, Resource Development- Merrimack County/North Country Regions at 603.224.2595, ext. 225. In the Upper Valley Region, please contact Dana Hanson, Director, Resource Development- Upper Valley Region at 603.298.8499, ext. 105. In the Northern Region, please contact Kathleen Frenette, Director, Resource Development- Northern Region at 603.752.3343.
Each year, Granite United Way is fortunate to receive numerous in-kind donations of products and services from companies that are willing to help us build a stronger community while keeping overhead low.
If you, your company or someone you know is willing to donate products, services, time or talent, please contact us.
Here are some examples: ad space or a link on your website, placement of GUW logo in your advertising, entertainment, food or beverage at events, gift certificates, paper/printing services, photography, sound systems, videography, etc.
United Way is a recognized leader in community philanthropy and, across the country, is one of the most recognizable brands.
By sponsoring a United Way event, you can align your company with United Way while demonstrating a commitment to your community.
For more information, please contact Karrie Eaton at 603.625.6939 ext. 119 or via Email.
A growing number of donors are making gifts of appreciated securities and other investments. This type of gift will have a major impact on United Way and our community. The donor can benefit from reduced income taxes and avoid capital gain taxes. Click here to access United Way's stock calculator
For more information on giving stock, please call Jennifer Pitre at 603.625.6939, ext. 116
Legacy Society and Planned Giving
Make a gift to Granite United Way through your will or estate plan.
Granite United Way's Legacy Society offers a meaningful way to leave an enduring personal legacy in your community.
There are several ways you can become a member of Granite United Way's Legacy Society including:
We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about expanding your impact on the community well into the future. Please contact Jennifer Pitre, Director of Leadership & Planned Giving at (603) 625-6939, ext. 116 for more information.
- Donate an outright gift of cash, stock or real estate to Granite United Way's Endowment
- Name Granite United Way as a beneficiary in your will
I give to Granite United Way, a non-profit 501(c)(3) Corporation, the sum of $______ (or ____% of my estate) for its general purposes (or describe a specific purpose, if desired).
- Establish a Charitable Gift Annuity and receive payments for life
- Donate a Life Insurance Policy or Retirement Plan
2012 Leadership Registry
Leadership Giving Facts
Granite United Way's Leadership Giving Society is comprised of individuals who are widely regarded as the most caring, generous and passionate community-minded investors. Granite United Way defines Leadership gifts as an individual gift of $500+ (Merrimack County) and $1,000+ (Southern, Upper Valley and North Country).
Leadership donor benefits include the following:
- Opportunities to network and meet with others who share a like-minded spirit of philanthropy
- Invitation to members-only events and all annual events
- 2010 Rumford Leadership Society
Alexis de Tocqueville Society
Granite United Way offers community leaders the opportunity to join United Way's Alexis de Tocqueville Society, named for 19th century French philosopher Alexis de Tocqueville, who deeply admired American's unique willingness to work for the public welfare and lend support to neighbors and countrymen especially in times of need.
The de Tocqueville Society was founded in 1984 to recognize and honor individuals who make a financial contribution of $10,000 or more to United Way. The Society stands as a strong symbol of support for United Way's efforts to improve lives.
Tocqueville Society Gift Acceptance Policy
- A minimum of $5,000 must be invested in Granite United Way's Community Care Fund or one of its impact areas - Education, Income or Health.
- Gifts may be restricted at the written request of the donor and directed to any 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
*Our gift acceptance policy is subject to change.
Step Up ProgramBenefits of Membership
Granite United Way is also pleased to offer a Step-Up Program which allows new members to make a de Tocqueville commitment over a period of years (typically two to three). We suggest $5,000 in year one and $7,500 in year two, but this is a flexible giving option that allows you to customize the amount of your pledge. In the final year, Step-Up Program members agree to donate the full $10,000.
To learn more about the Alexis de Tocqueville Society or to enroll in the Step Up program, please contact Jennifer Pitre at 603.625.6939, ext. 116.
- Assurance that your donation has maximum impact in the community. United Way's Community Impact process holds funded programs to high standards of effectiveness and financial accountability.
- If you have special interests, you may designate a portion of your gift to any non-profit, 501(c)3 organization(s) and we will forward your designated donation so you can be properly recognized by the charity. As a de Tocqueville benefit, no administrative fee is charged on your designation(s).
- Opportunities to network and meet with other business and community individuals who share a like-minded spirit of philanthropy.
- Invitation to a members-only annual recognition event and our Annual Campaign Celebration event.
- Recognition, along with your peers, in our annual Leadership Giving Roster.